Tuesday, April 22, 2008

have

Definition. Have means to "own" or "possess".

Examples.

  • I have a house
  • We have two children
  • I don't have a car
  • I have a job
  • We have a family
  • Mr Gates has a lot of money
  • Everybody has cellphones

Other expressions.

  • have breakfast, have lunch, have dinner
  • have a snack, have a drink
  • have something to eat, have something to drink
  • have a cup of coffee, have a cup of tea
  • have a meeting, have a party
  • have a date (romantic meeting)
  • have a good time
  • have fun
  • have an argument
  • have a class, have an exam
  • have an appointment (with the doctor, with the dentist)
  • When you're sick: have a cold, have a headache, have a stomachache, have a sore throat
  • have a nice day, have a good trip
  • She's going to have a baby next month (give birth)
  • I don't have time to listen to your nonsense
  • I had the time of my life
  • I'm having problems with my computer
  • I have good news for you
  • I'm afraid I don't have good news
  • Do you have any children?
  • Would you like to have lunch with me?

No comments: